As some of you might know, especially if you follow me on twitter, that I am moving to Amsterdam next week… I’m going to study Fashion and Management at the Amsterdam Fashion Institute for 4 years. This is a huge step for me, moving to an entirely new city in a whole new country that speaks another language…! A year ago, the idea of going to university in this country was a scary prospect, let alone going to a different country, but even though I still have a few things to sort out, I feel ready to take it on.
A few (fashion related) reasons why I’m excited to go…
1. Amsterdam is the home of über-blogger Andi from Style Scrapbook and her posts often feature really interesting and beautiful parts of the city.
2. Amsterdam Fashion Week is home to some great emerging design talents and some awesome established brands, I’m really looking forward to being in the city when there will be a ton of fashion editors, models and bloggers around. I also think that my uni is pretty heavily involved in fashion week, so who knows, I might be involved in some way?!
3. Dutch style is so diverse, when I went for my interview I saw loads of great street style. People in Amsterdam seem to have an “I’m wearing this, and what?” kind of attitude which is awesome.
4. Amsterdam is a biking city! People bike everywhere in any weather, in 5 inch heels.
Now a few other reasons…
1. It’s Amsterdam.
2. It’s an international course, and I will be living in student halls with other international students, so hopefully I’ll be making loads of new friends from all over the world…
3. Living in a different country is a huge challenge, having to live on my own and not have my parents as a safety blanket anymore, it’ll be a huge test for me, but hopefully it will be a positive experience!
What has challenged you recently?